Are you a plus-size lady struggling to find the perfect dress? Shopping for clothes can be tough enough, but when you’re not sure what styles and cuts will flatter your curves, it can be even more challenging. However, have no fear! Shopping for plus-size clothing can be a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be! With a little know-how, you can learn how to shop for plus-size dresses that will make you look and feel fabulous. Here are some simple rules to follow.
1. The Fit Is Key – Make sure the dress fits your body type well. A dress that is too tight or too loose will not look good on you. Find something that provides the right silhouette. Try to find a style that compliments your curves. A-line and empire waist styles are typically flattering on plus-size women.
2. Avoid Busy Patterns – Busy patterns can make you look bigger than you are. Stick to solid colors or simple patterns, but beware of horizontal stripes, as they can visually add inches to your waistline.
3. Steer Clear Of Tight Fabrics – Tight fabrics can be very unflattering, and they can also be uncomfortable. Look for fabrics that skim your body instead of cling to it. Clingy fabrics will show every lump and bump on your body. Cotton and other natural fabrics are a good choice, as they will breathe and won’t make you too hot or sweaty.
4. Steer Clear Of High Necklines – High necklines can make you look top-heavy. If you want to wear a high neckline, choose one with a keyhole or other opening that will help to balance your proportions. Don’t be afraid to show some skin on your neck and even a bit of cleavage. It will help to draw attention away from your midsection.
5. Don’t Be Afraid Of Color – Bright colors can be very flattering on plus-size women. Wear a bold color that makes you feel confident and happy. A bright red dress, for example, can help to make you look and feel like a glamourous goddess.
6. Go For The Right Length – Make sure the dress is the right length for your body type. A dress that is too short will show off your legs, which may not be a good look for you. A dress that is too long will swamp your curves and make you look like you are wearing a tent. Find something that hits just below the knee or at the ankle. With a wide variety of cute plus size prom dresses these days, there’s no need to squeeze yourself into a dress that doesn’t fit your body type.
7. Accessorize Wisely – Accessories can help to add visual interest to your outfit and can help to camouflage problem areas. However, avoid wearing too many accessories at once, as this can look busy and cluttered. Choose a few pieces that will complement your dress without overwhelming it. A pendant necklace, simple earrings, and a chic clutch bag are all you need. Stick to one or two statement pieces, such as a big necklace or a bold belt.
You don’t have to hide your curves. Simply emphasize them with the right dress style, and by following these simple rules, you will be able to find the perfect plus size dress for any occasion. With a little bit of effort, you can look and feel your best!