When it comes to diamonds, one of the most asked features is the cut. Which cut is best for engagement rings? Which cut looks more elegant on wedding bands? And the main question diamond dealers often get is this—what diamonds look the biggest based on the cut?
Whether you are going for the natural diamonds or the lab-grown diamonds, you can choose your diamond cut. You can even have a customized size if you want something specific that is not available on the vendors’ choices.
In the meantime, you can look at the various cuts and see if the diamond for a specific cut looks big enough for you.
The Biggest-Looking Diamond Cuts
1. Round. If this would be a popularity competition, the round cut would top as the most popular cut of diamonds. Because of its shape, with 58 facets forming a circle, the round cut appears to shine the most. This diamond cut has various sizes, but even with the smallest size, this sparkling gemstone will surely stand out and will not be overlooked.
2. Oval. The oval cut is the nearest to the round cut when it comes to form. Its elongated roundish form provides an illusion of a huge sparkle that makes the diamond bigger than it is. This is the best choice if you want your fingers to look thinner and longer.
3. Princess. If you want a modern twist to your engagement ring, the princess cut is the way to go. This diamond cut has a square shape comprising of multiple facets. Its symmetrical shape is the favorite of women who are into fashionable jewelry pieces. There is one little snag though. The princess cut is prone to ripping your clothes if you are not very careful.
4. Emerald. The emerald cut is rectangular. This cut makes the diamond appear bigger and noteworthy. It has huge facets that produce a “box of mirror” appearance when you give the stone a scrutiny.
5. Marquis. The marquis cut looks like a minuscule football and is deemed as one of the less common forms today. Its origin goes back to the time of King Louis IV. Like the oval cut, the diamond looks bigger than its actual size because of its elongated shape.
Still undecided which diamond cut to pick? Remember that size doesn’t matter. Check with a trusted engagement ring designer Sydney couples trust for some insights!