The moving process is not only stressful but also involves a lot of choices to decide. One of the biggest decisions to make is to whether to move on your own or hire a moving company. There are many factors that will influence your decision such as your budget proximity to the new house, etc.
The Dubai property market has improved significantly in the recent past. Off plan property in Dubai are the biggest future of the property market. Most of these projects are expected to be completed before the Expo 2020. Apart from the off plan projects, many of the new apartments for sale in Business Bay have also garnered a lot of interest among investors.
Once you decide on which property to invest in, the next step would be to decide whether to move on your own or hire a moving company.
To help you make the right decision, here are the pros and cons of hiring a mover and moving yourself:
- When you hire a reputable mover, you won’t have to worry about carrying items down the stairs or out of the door. After all, these are professionals with experience on how to handle items during moving.
- Another benefit of hiring movers is efficiency. However, you should be keen on hiring legitimate and experienced movers. Unlike friends and family that may not be reliable, the moving company is obligated to assist on all the agreed aspects. The mover should arrive on time and come with appropriate equipment.
- Hiring movers eliminate some of the common stresses involved in moving and saves time.
- On the downside, hiring a moving company is expensive compared to moving on your own.
- Also, hiring movers limit your control over the move. The moving company control everything from the pick-up date to the manner items are loaded into the truck.
- Having total control over the moving process is perhaps the biggest advantage of moving yourself. You will have to choose the moving truck and handle all the boxes to ensure nothing breaks.
- If you are on a tight budget, then moving by yourself is an ideal option. Even if you are moving close to your house, hiring a moving company can add unexpected expenses. However, hiring a truck can help you to save significantly.
- In most cases, movers will require the boxes to be sealed perfectly which can be time consuming. However, you won’t have to worry about packing perfectly when moving by yourself.
- The worst thing about a DIY move is that you are going to lift everything yourself. Even if you get assistance from family and friends, lifting those furniture and other heavy items will not be a walk in the park.