In our modern age, it is not unusual to see little children playing games on their parent’s mobile devices. Some parents even buy iPad or tablet for their young kids to keep them happy, quiet and manageable. Not too long ago, parents used to pacify their little ones with pacifier but these days, the minute a child cry or whine, the child will be given an iPad or tablet to keep them entertained. And most time they succeed. When the kids are happy, the parents are happy too!
There are very few parents instilling a reading habit in their kids by exposing and encouraging their kids to educational books. Today’s kids are being exposed to electronic devices from a very young age more than to books. With this in mind, educationists are designing and implementing educational software into the educational system.
There are many types of educational software available for all ages and types of students, including interactive and artistic software designed for pre-schoolers with 3D pictures. Many children nurseries and kindergartens are using educational software to teach their children. They find software that teaches children how to think logically and to solve problems very useful. These software enable the children to explore and learn on their own.
Android mobile users can pick and download free Android study app from Play Store onto their device. Most apps has free trial period for users to test out the apps before they are required to subscribe to the educational courses. Users of iOS devices can also find many Apple educational apps on the App Store.
The advantages of educational software.
- The children learn at their own pace without being pressured.
- Enables the children to utilize their senses to gather information.
- Children learn fast and remember easily with hands-on knowledge.
- The software promotes self-confidence and self-esteem in the children.
- Children with speech, audio, or motor limitations are encourage to learn at their own pace.
- Develops children’s fundamental skills such as colours, shapes, numbers, letters, creativity, etc.
Teachers and parents have to choose the software carefully to ensure they have good quality educational value.
- Find software that teaches reading skills, letters, numbers, and basic math for pre-schoolers.
- As the child progresses, find software to introduce subjects being taught in school with challenging quizzes and games to draw your child’s interest and attention.
- Parents with younger children have to monitor and limit the time spend on the mobile devices to avoid vision problems.